At the conclusion of this program:
- Participants will be able to discuss the latest research on molecular mechanisms underlying different subtypes of EDS.
- Participants will be able to discuss the latest research in the surgical, therapeutic, and medical management of EDS/HSD.
- Clinicians will be able to develop a multidisciplinary management plan for children, adolescents, and adults with EDS/HSD.
- Participants will be aware of the non-medical resources available to EDS/HSD patients, and be able to share those resources appropriately.
- Hans Peter Bächinger (Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, USA)
- Daniel Greenspan (University of Wisconsin, USA)
- Joel Hirschhorn (Harvard Medical School, USA)
- Yoshihiro Ishikawa (Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, USA)
- Karl Kadler (University of Manchester, USA)
- Anne-Marie Malfait (Rush University, Chicago, USA)
- Roy Morello (University of Arkansas, USA)
- John Oakley (University of Washington, USA)
- Florence Ruggiero (University of Lyon, France)
Around 200-250 attendees are expected, including:
- Clinical researchers
- Basic scientists
- Genetic Counsellors
- Occupational therapists
- Industry Representatives