Sunday, 30 September
PLEASE DO NOT DELAY IN MAKING HOTEL RESERVATIONS FOR YOUR VISIT. Ghent is a beautiful small town, and hotel rooms are filling fast for the end of September.
A special day with presentations for those living with Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and the related disorders. The schedule can be found below (subject to change as circumstances require).
This is a separate event and registration process from the symposium; please do not register for the symposium if you are only interested in the patient day. Registration pricing includes sessions as well as morning welcome coffee, lunch, afternoon coffee break, and closing refreshments. Pricing is $93US (approximately €80).
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN: https://ehlers-danlos-society.regfox.com/2018-patient-day-ghent
The Patient Day is being held in Thagaste, an historic monastery where Augustinian monks still live and work. The monastery hosts a range of meeting rooms, remarkable art treasures, a beautiful inner courtyard, an historic library, and a Baroque church with valuable organs.Despite the wonderful tranquility in the monastery, Thagaste is located in the historic heart of Ghent, a 10-minute walk from St Bavo’s Cathedral, Graslei. and Belfry. It is also very easily accessible by car or public transport (train and tram). All buildings are fully accessible for the disabled. We have no childcare facilities or kids club.
Patient Day Schedule
8:45 – 9:15
- Prof. Fransiska Malfait: EDS Overview
9:15 – 9:35
- Dr. Julie De Backer: Vascular EDS
9:35 – 10:00
- Living with EDS: Patient Perspectives
10:00 – 10:30 • Morning Break
10:30 – 11:00
- Shani Weber: How to prepare for your appointment and build a team
11:00 – 12:00
- Drs. Lies Rombaut & Inge De Wandele: Physiotherapy Workshop
12:00 – 12:30
- Dr. John Mitakides: Managing Headaches & TMJ Pain
12:30 – 13:00
- Dr. Philip Bull: Mindfulness
13:00 – 14:00 • Lunch
14:00 – 14:30
- Dr. Helen Cohen: No brain, no pain – the importance of mind-body interaction
14:30 – 15:00
- Dr. Alan Hakim: Fatigue & POTS
15:00 – 15:30
- Ann Rodiger: Alexander Technique
15:30 – 16:00 • Afternoon Break
16:00 – 16:30
- Jeannie Di Bon: Pilates
16:30 – 17:00
- Dr. Heidi Collins: Diet and Supplements
17:00 – 17:30
Schedule is subject to change.