Join The Ehlers-Danlos Society in celebrating May as “Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome/Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder Awareness Month” and find your personal, team, or community challenge. We are challenging you to help spread EDS & HSD awareness by completing a challenge (or as many as you can) during the month of May.
We have a variety of individual and group challenges to suit your hobbies, interests, and abilities, as well as tools and resources to make it fun and easy to spread EDS and HSD awareness to your friends, family, and local communities. Individuals who raise $40* or complete/win Daily Challenge Competitions will earn a limited edition T-shirt! Check out our challenges below—we’re starting the the Proclamation Challenge, others will be added over the next weeks. Get inspired by our photo and video gallery. What will your challenge be?
Awareness Resources and Tips
- Check out our printable EDS and HSD awareness brochures and posters, as well as digital presentations, on our Awareness Materials Page.
- Download our EDS and HSD Awareness Challenge frame <link coming> to use on your Awareness Challenge photos and share with family and friends or use the official EDS and HSD Awareness Challenge Facebook profile and photo frames <link coming>.
- When posting to social media remember to:
- Be eye-catching. “Stop the scroll” and capture attention by including interesting, high quality photos.
- Be engaging. Tell interesting, honest, heartfelt stories.
- Be credible. Share EDS and HSD info with correct terminology and facts from credible sources like our EDS and HSD information pages and Awareness Materials page.
- Be responsive. Encourage your followers and friends to ask questions on your posts, and make sure to answer as well as you can.
- Earn a limited edition T-shirt by completing 20 Daily Challenges OR by raising $40 or more on your Individual Fundraising Page—click/tap here to create a US-based fundraising page and click/tap here to create a UK/EU-based page. Then share your page with your networks using our easy email and social media templates. To claim your T-shirt, please submit this form for Daily Challenges or this form for Fundraising Challenges.
- Use our special Supporters Logo to create and share on your own awareness messages.
- Use one of the hashtags (#myEDSchallenge or #myHSDchallenge) or use this form to submit your photos to our gallery.