One of the best ways to build awareness is to get involved in your local community. Join a local event such as a 5K fun run or BBQ Cook Off — there is something for everyone to get involved! Check out some other fun events we’ve found using the calendar below. Get ideas from our gallery to find a local event to suit your interests. You can also use our tips and resources to spread EDS/HSD Awareness in your community.
- Earn a limited edition T-shirt to wear to the event by raising $40* or more! It’s easy to share your challenge story with your Individual Fundraising Page* using the email and social media templates.
- Why not share the fun and create a team and recruit friends and family to join you at the event? Use our template email and social media posts. Have everybody wear zebra stripes, Society merchandise or create a custom team T-shirt with our special supporters logo!
- We can even create a Team of fundraising pages. You’ll have a team page to monitor team progress, and others can sign up to create their own individual fundraising pages as part of your team. We will even help you customize the email and social media templates for your team! Submit your team information here to have your Team Fundraising Campaign created.
- Hand out awareness materials. Some events may even let you have a table to do this.
EDS Events Around the World
Awareness Resources and Tips
- Check out our printable EDS and HSD awareness brochures and posters, as well as digital presentations, on our Awareness Materials Page.
- Download our EDS/HSD Awareness Challenge frame <link coming> to use on your Awareness Challenge photos and share with family and friends or use the official EDS/HSD Awareness Challenge Facebook profile and photo frames <link coming>.
- When posting to social media remember to:
- Be eye-catching. “Stop the scroll” and capture attention by including interesting, high quality photos.
- Be engaging. Tell interesting, honest, heartfelt stories.
- Be credible. Share EDS/HSD info with correct terminology and facts from credible sources like our EDS/HSD information pages and Awareness Materials page.
- Be responsive. Encourage your followers and friends to ask questions on your posts, and make sure to answer as well as you can.
- Earn a limited edition T-shirt by completing 20 Daily Challenges OR by raising $40 or more on your Individual Fundraising Page—click/tap here to create a US-based fundraising page and click/tap here to create a UK/EU-based page. Then share your page with your networks using our easy email and social media templates. To claim your T-shirt, please submit this form for Daily Challenges or this form for Fundraising Challenges.
- Use our special Supporters Logo to create and share on your own awareness messages.
- Use one of the hashtags (#myEDSchallenge or #myHSDchallenge) or use this form to submit your photos to our gallery.