Body Meditation Workshop
Attendance options: In-person
Included in event registration cost? Yes
This workshop is for 30 people on a first-come-first-served basis.
Dr. James Kustow, a leading London-based Consultant Psychiatrist, and an experienced and dynamic educator will lead an active ‘body meditation’ session for up to 30 active participants in the conference hotel. He will introduce a protocol he has developed and refined over a number of years – The Solo-Soma Wake-up Body Meditation.
Solo-Soma is an efficient 15-20 minute, self-applied, sensory-based protocol. It engages movement, touch (in various forms), and breath. It can be used on a daily basis (ideally in the morning) as part of your self-care routine, to help start the day on a positive footing.
It is the output of an ongoing and iterative process of intuitive self-exploration and experimentation, underpinned by a solid scientific and trauma-informed grounding, and the years of experience James has had working creatively and somatically with patients and clients.
The protocol draws from a variety of existing healing / trauma-processing methods, some older and others are more contemporary. Potent elements of these approaches have been extracted, (in some cases) modified, and integrated into the meditation.
The specific techniques/approaches that underpin Solo-Soma include:
– Vagal nerve stimulation
– Yoga (especially Kundalini), and other forms of movement and breath work
– Acupressure (Tuina) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (Acupoint tapping)
– Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), and other forms of repetitive, bilateral stimulation
– Hypnotherapy (and the healing effects of affirmation, gratitude, intention, and awe)
– Tension and Trauma Release Exercises (TRE), and other trauma-focused approaches(including the Havening technique)
– Energy Medicine and Chakra work (including the therapeutic effects of sound)
– Calf pumping and inversion (to stimulate blood supply to the brain)
– Cold water approaches
This novel and integrative approach to emotional regulation is a refreshingly new way to tune up the autonomic nervous system and promote wellbeing. Solo-Soma fosters connectedness with one’s own physical body, and in turn, with others.