General & Logistics
Yes, we email final information to all delegates one week before the event, which will include the times that registration and the program will begin, directions to the venue, information on our event app, and a copy of the program.
Please note: Accommodations are entirely your own risk and responsibility. The Ehlers-Danlos Society is in no way affiliated with the third-party accommodations list, and The Society will not be liable for any issues you encounter before, during, or after your stay. You must contact the properties directly for any inquiries, including changes, cancellations, or other requests.
Lunch and refreshment breaks are usually included in your ticket price. Please refer to individual ticket types for meal and break inclusions.
We take our attendees’ dietary restrictions and food allergies very seriously. Please carefully complete the dietary request section on the registration form when you purchase your ticket, including any food allergies. If you have any questions or concerns about the catering at this event, please email email@example.com.
The abstract timeline for this event is:
- Monday, December 6, 2021, until Saturday, March 5, 2022 – Abstract submissions will be open.
- Monday, March 7, 2022, until Friday, April 29, 2022 – Abstract submissions will be reviewed and selected.
- The week of Monday, May 2, 2022 – Authors will be notified of their submission outcome.
If you would like to be notified or reminded of when submissions open, please sign up to our bi-weekly newsletter, CONNECT.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the potential speaker’s name, job title, organization, email address, and a brief (100 words max) description of what they would talk about. Your suggestion will be considered by the conference organizing committee and we will let you know via email if the speaker has been accepted.
If you are a healthcare professional, you can request a Certificate of Attendance when you complete the post–event evaluation form. Full details will be sent to registrants before and during the event.
We will upload the event presentations on to our website and event app, Whova, after the event, along with any other media (video/audio etc.) which may have been produced. Please allow up to six (6) weeks for the full content to be uploaded. Registrants will have lifetime access to this content.
Many of our conference attendees are solo travelers. Our goal is to make you feel as welcome and comfortable as possible. We recommend making the most of our dedicated event app, to communicate with your fellow attendees and arrange and attend meetups during the event. Full details on the app will be announced 2 weeks before the event.
We do not offer reserved seating. We suggest arriving at the sessions as early as possible to ensure you are seated with family members or caregivers.
We strive to make our events as comfortable as possible for our community. For community events, whenever space permits, we have “cabaret style” seating, which are round tables with seats around them in a crescent to enable you to lean and rest on the tables. We encourage you to take a break when you need to stretch out or have some quiet time.
Outside food and drink is not permitted anywhere inside the venue unless it is on medical grounds. You may bring cell phones and electronic devices but photographing or recording the sessions is not permitted.
Yes, we have a dedicated event app which will be loaded with all you need to know in the run up to the event and will be updated regularly with alerts on what you need to know. Full details on the app and how to download it will be sent to the email address you provided at registration a few weeks before the event.
Tickets & Registration
Yes, you can add as many attendees as you like to your cart, and then check out with one payment.
Your tickets will be sent electronically to you by email. We do not send paper tickets by post. If you cannot find your ticket, please email email@example.com and we will look up your reservation and resend you your ticket/s.
If the event is canceled, you will be offered a full refund or a credit to use towards a future Ehlers-Danlos Society event. If the event is postponed, we will email you to inform you of the new dates and offer you an automatic transfer of your registration to the new dates, or a full refund.
You can either show your ticket on your phone or print a copy off to show at registration.
If the event becomes fully booked, we will remove the registration link and open a wait list. We’ll only be able to offer spaces if delegates cancel, so we cannot advise on the likelihood of being able to attend. However, we’ll start to contact those on the waiting list as soon as we receive notice of cancellation.
If you would like to swap a delegate’s name you must inform us at least seven days before the event so that we can edit your registration. We cannot accept name swaps on site.
If you purchase a ticket for the entire event you are free to come and go as you please and attend as many or few sessions as you wish. If you purchase a one-day ticket it can only be used on the specified day you purchased for.
Tickets can only be purchased online and in advance (up to seven days before the event) subject to availability.
We are unable to provide invoices to a third party for event registrations. All bookings must be made through our online registration system using a credit or debit card. A receipt for any event bookings will be provided to help you to claim back costs.
If your registration was successful, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. If you have not received a confirmation or cannot find your confirmation, please email email@example.com so that we can resend it to you.
If you cancel before midnight (Eastern Time US & Canada) on August 15, 2022, you will be entitled to a full refund. Unfortunately, if you cancel after this date, we are unable to issue a refund. However, we are happy to accept replacement delegates up to 7 days before the event. In the event of this happening please notify us immediately so that we can update your registration.
To cancel a booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name and the event title. If you have arranged for another delegate to take your place, include this in your email so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
If you are unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances, please contact the events team at email@example.com for further advice.
No, community members are only welcome to join the event on September 18. The Scientific Symposium on September 14-17 is open to healthcare professionals only.
Yes, healthcare professionals who are interested in learning from a more lay perspective are welcome to join the community event on September 18.
Yes, once virtual tickets are released, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and our events team can arrange a ticket type transfer for you. A partial refund will be issued for the price difference, where applicable.
No, virtual tickets cannot be switched to in-person tickets. You will need to apply for a ticket cancellation and refund, and then rebook a new in-person ticket.
The Ehlers-Danlos Society will require all attendees, exhibitors, staff, contractors, and volunteers to provide proof they are fully VACCINATED.
The Ehlers-Danlos Society will be implementing a series of protocols and onsite precautions considering the COVID-19 pandemic. The Ehlers-Danlos Society event organizers are working in accordance with the venue and local public health officials to ensure the safety of all attendees.
Requirement One: Vaccination proof
Before entering the venue, you will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated at our COVID-19 check-in desk.
Requirement Two: Testing
It is mandatory to take a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test within 72 hours of picking up your badge. Proof of your negative test must be shown to our COVID-19 check in desk before entering the event spaces.
Requirement Three: Mask-up
Unless exempt, The Ehlers-Danlos Society is operating a mask mandate for all indoor public spaces during the event. All attendees, exhibitors, contractors, volunteers, and staff will be required to wear a mask while indoors at the Scientific Symposium, except while eating or drinking. If you are exempt, you can collect a MASK EXEMPT sticker from the COVID-19 check-in desk on arrival.
For this year’s event, we are requiring everybody to show a proof of vaccination. Others will have the option to purchase a digital ticket to access the event virtually.
The Ehlers-Danlos Society event organizers will do everything in our power to make the event safe. We will comply with any local and international restrictions in place at the time and we reserve the right to check for proof of vaccination and negative test before the event.
- If you are unable to attend the event because of requirements or restrictions introduced after you have registered, you will be entitled to a full refund of your registration fee.
- If the event is canceled due to the pandemic, we will refund all registration fees.
- If the event is postponed due to the pandemic, we will refund your registration fee if you are unable to attend on the new dates.
In addition to the mask mandate, the following precautions will be in place:
- Meeting rooms will be closely managed, and the maximum number of people allowed in each room will be clearly displayed and communicated. Meeting rooms will be set up to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all meeting rooms and communal areas for use by everybody on site.
- Areas such as tabletops, computer and presentation equipment, AC and heating controls, and door handles will be cleaned before and after every use.
- Cleaning team will ensure they always maintain social distance during the cleaning process. Cleaning will be monitored, and any high-risk areas or concerns will be raised immediately to the event organizers.
- Regular cleaning will be maintained throughout the event in all toilet areas by cleaning contractors.
- Staff, vendors, contractors, and attendees must ensure hands are washed on exiting the toilets.
- The use of multiple entrances and exits will be mandated to discourage crowded waiting areas.
- We aim to eliminate lines or queues wherever possible and encourage people to stay at least six (6) feet apart by providing signage or other visual cues such as tape or chalk marks.
- We ask customers and staff to use touchless payment options wherever possible, and exchange payments by placing them on a receipt tray or on the counter rather than by hand to avoid direct hand-to-hand contact.
- I wish to participate in the International Scientific Symposium, Rome.
- I understand that there are risks inherent to my participation, and I accept full responsibility for my own health and safety during the event.
- By registering for the event, I accept any risk associated with potential exposure to COVID-19. The meeting organizers and the host venue will take reasonable precautions in accordance with the CDC, local, state, and federal guidelines, but it the ultimate responsibility of the attendee to protect themselves appropriately from potential spread.
- I agree that my participation is fully voluntary, and that I will not hold The Ehlers-Danlos Society or any of its employees, contractors, or volunteers responsible for any harm that may result from my participation during this event.
- By attending and/or participating in theevent, Iam giving a full release of liability to The Ehlers-Danlos Society, and its Directors, Officers, Employees, Volunteers, and Agents to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- On arrival, I agree to show proof that I am fully vaccinated, and proof of a negative COVID test taken within the 72 hours prior to arriving at the event.
- I agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and in the unfortunate circumstance that have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or I test positive for COVID-19 during the event, I agree to leave the event spaces immediately and seek the appropriate medical attention. I understand that I will not receive a refund for my ticket, and that I will be fully responsible for covering any unexpected costs incurred, including but not limited to, lodging, travel, medical expenses, and food and beverages.