Creative Healing for Youth in Pain (CHYP)
National - US, United States
About this Group
Creative Healing for Youth in Pain (CHYP) is an online platform that provides education about the role of the brain, mind, and body in the pain experience, a social support network of peers who understand, and creative healing techniques to change your experience of pain.
CHYP welcomes all youth living with chronic pain and illness to monthly meetings, small group sessions, and interactive workshops with guest artists who use their skills and creativity to help change the brain’s pain signaling. We also provide support for parents and families of youth with chronic pain through our parenting blog and parent discussion meetings. We are working to raise awareness of chronic pain conditions and provide education to teens in a fun and accessible way! We have youth from all over the US and Canada attending our monthly CHYP-chats and Creative Healing Workshops online, and Summer Camp is always a huge hit!
Our meetings are held on Zoom. Email [email protected] to get more information about our meetings and register to receive the Zoom links.
• Youth CHYP Chat: Last Tuesday of the month, 5-6 pm PST
• Parent CHYP Chat: Last Friday of the month 1-2 pm PST
• Creative Healing Workshops are scheduled monthly according to the guest artist’s schedule
• Creating Bonds small discussion groups are held in 6-week cycles for youth and 8-week cycles for parents
- Support Group
- This group holds virtual meetings
- This group holds virtual support groups