The Ehlers-Danlos Society strives to increase awareness, improve care, and grow community support people living with Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS), hypermobility spectrum disorders (HSD), and related disorders—worldwide.
Hundreds of local support groups and charities are working hard to help those with EDS and HSD in their communities throughout the world.
To amplify these efforts, The Ehlers-Danlos Society collaborates with outstanding regional and local support groups, charities, and societies.
If you would like to start a support group, or lead a group that seeks to raise awareness in the medical and general communities, expand research efforts, and improve medical care, join The Ehlers-Danlos Society Global Affiliation Network.
JOIN US! Become an affiliate of The Ehlers-Danlos Society. Apply today!
OUR STRENGTH BEGINS WITH HOPE. OUR HOPE BEGINS WITH YOU.
As an Affiliate, you will receive the following benefits:
- Permission to use The Ehlers-Danlos Society’s affiliation logo and statement of affiliation with The Ehlers-Danlos Society on your website and social media
- Recognition on our website, in our newsletters, and at our events
- Opportunities to promote your events on The Ehlers-Danlos Society’s social media accounts. Tell us about your events here
- Monthly Global Affiliation Program newsletters
- Quarterly Affiliates meeting with The Ehlers-Danlos Society leadership to discuss the work your and our organizations are doing and collaborate with other Affiliates from around the world
- Invitation to attend a meeting for Affiliate representatives at our annual Global Learning Conferences
- 20% discount on registration for up to two (2) Affiliate representatives at Ehlers-Danlos Society conferences and evets
- 25% discount on merchandise at conferences for up to two (2) Affiliate representatives
- Up to two (2) lapel pins for Affiliate representatives
By agreeing to become an Affiliate of The Ehlers-Danlos Society (hereinafter referred to as “SOCIETY”), the parties agree to:
- Advance world-wide awareness of and research into Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, and related conditions to improve the quality of life for all who suffer from them
- Collaborate on connecting local and international efforts in the areas of awareness, patient involvement, education, management and research
- Share knowledge, expertise and competencies gained through the collaboration
- Adhere and promote the latest internationally agreed upon criteria and management and care guidelines published by the International Consortium on Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, and related conditions
- Do their utmost to further the cause for Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, and related conditions worldwide
- Agree to adhere to the code of conduct
- Comply with The Ehlers-Danlos Society’s guidelines for the use of The Ehlers-Danlos Society Affiliate logo and/or other logos or artwork provided to Affiliate by The Society
- The group agrees to nominate a contact who will work together with the Ehlers-Danlos Society to maintain communicate and coordinate effort.
- Agree to be invested in Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, and related conditions, and have aligned missions in disability, awareness and advocacy
- Groups must have their own independent name and logo and are not entitled to use The Ehlers-Danlos Society name, branding or trademark logo
- Groups are not permitted to use The Ehlers-Danlos Society contact or EIN tax code information for their own use
- Commitment to collaborate with other EDS and HSD groups in your own country and globally
- Commitment to promoting the most recent International Consortium approved EDS criteria and agreed management and care guidelines
- Understanding there is no legal responsibility to The Ehlers-Danlos Society for work carried out by the local group or umbrella organization, and work published independently is not automatically endorsed
- Member groups are encouraged to have a link to The Ehlers-Danlos Society website and use our partnership logo which will be supplied to you once you have become an affiliate. All groups will be listed on our website as affiliate members of The Ehlers-Danlos Society
- Understanding The Ehlers-Danlos Society are unable to provide financial assistance in the creation, development, or activities of those who become a member
- Willingness where possible to attend events run by The Ehlers-Danlos Society, such as learning conferences and the biannual scientific international EDS Symposiums
It is important to note that The Ehlers-Danlos Society does not have any ownership or direct financial interest in any of the specific organizations or groups listed below. Groups listed below are in-person support groups and nonprofit organizations/charities. The Ehlers-Danlos Society does not guarantee or make any warranties, express or implied, as to the quality of advice or support given by any listed group or organization. The information listed in the results is based solely upon the data entered by the groups listed.