The Allied Health Professionals ECHO program is a free program for Allied Health Professionals from all over the world, run from three hubs in North-America, Australia, and the UK and Europe.
The program consists of eight case-based interactive sessions delivered virtually via the zoom platform. We will use a regional and system approach to cover the assessment and management of the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and hypermobility spectrum disorders and associated symptoms and conditions across the life span.
This program is suitable for Physical Therapists, Podiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Dieticians, and Nutritionists.
Clinical experts run a program via the Zoom teleconferencing platform. Participants are able to share their cases and questions in the sessions and will be guided to further educational materials and support.
Three Steps To Join
Please note, participants are permitted to sign up and join the current program before the start of session 3, after which time applications will be closed. You may still sign up the following links to be placed on the list to request a place on our next program.
Click your region in the bullet points below.
- UK/EUROPE – this program will be led by Dr. Jane Simmonds MCSP MMACP PD, MA, BAppSc (Physio), BPE
Specialist Physiotherapist, Researcher and Principal Teaching Fellow University College London
- Australia – this program will be led by Robyn Hickmott, BAppSC (Physio), PGDip (Sports), PGCert (Cont&WH)
- Northern USA – this program will be led by Leslie Russek, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS.
Please note that we are GDPR compliant. You will be asked to include:
- The program number for the session you want to attend (see the section “When are the upcoming AHP ECHO Professionals programs?”);
- Your name, job title, work affiliation, and contact email address;
- And if joining as a group, each member’s name, job title, work affiliation, and email address.
We will reply to confirm your choices, and provide you with the Zoom login information. Submit your case study here.
We use the teleconferencing platform ZOOM.
Click on the invitation link / meeting code that we will send you.
You do not normally need to download ZOOM first. It should automatically open up on your system and go straight to the meeting.
Remember to “Allow” ZOOM access to your computer / phone audio and camera.
If you want to check ZOOM works on your system before you start AHP ECHO you can do this for free at ZOOM.us.
Please click the link of your desired hub to see the scheduled times for this program:
The program content is currently only presented in English. Each session runs for up to 90 minutes.
SESSION 1 – INTRODUCTION
- Diagnosis, assessment and management principles, including International Classification for Functioning/
- Biopsychosocial approach. Service delivery and outcome measures.
- Stratified management across the lifespan.
SESSION 2 – LOWER QUADRANT FOCUS
Biomechanics, movement patterns.
SESSION 3 – LOWER QUADRANT FOCUS
Lumbar spine, hip, pelvis, knee, ankle and foot.
SESSION 4 – WOMEN’S HEALTH FOCUS
SESSION 5 – COMORBIDITIES
Discussing comorbidities including dysautonomia, gastrointestinal dysfunction, and fatigue.
SESSION 6 -8 UPPER QUADRANT FOCUS
- Wrist and hand compleX
- Shoulder and cervical spine
- Pathoneuro dynamics upper limb
- Temporomandibular joint
- Upper cervical spine instability – Chiari