Updated: June 25, 2021
Coping and Mental Health – COVID-19
Coping and Mental Health
We know that in very challenging times like the one we are living through with COVID-19 that we all need coping strategies and to look after our mental health. The Ehlers-Danlos Society Helpline Team have identified some helpful links to advice on coping and mental health:
- 15 Apps to Keep You Healthy While Sheltering In Place
- 60 Digital Resources for Mental Health
- Coping With Life In Isolation and Confinement During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Free Online Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
- Helping Families and Caregivers Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During Quarantine
- Impact of COVID-19 on Young People
- Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe
- Mental Health and Coping During Covid-19
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Toolbox for EDS and HSD
- PsychHub – COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub
- Strategies for Coping with Isolation During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Nursing License Map – 2021 Mental Health Resource List
Find further support on mental health in our resource library here.
Join us as our very own Marisa Bergfield speaks on the importance of taking care of your mental health during stressful times, like we are seeing now in the wake of the worldwide spread of COVID-19. We know that many in our community are feeling overwhelmed with the current global situation, and we want to provide a safe space for our community to talk and learn about practical ways to take care of your mental health, and ways deal with events like COVID-19.
NORD will provide support for eligible patients facing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 Critical Relief Program provides funds for essential non-medical expenses including unexpected utility bills, cellular or internet service, emergency repairs to car, home or major appliances and rent or mortgage payment assistance.
Disclaimer: The Ehlers-Danlos Society is a 501(c)(3) health advocacy organization. The Ehlers-Danlos Society does not provide medical and mental health advice or treatment. Information provided by The Ehlers-Danlos Society is not a replacement for care from a doctor, therapist, or other health care provider. If you believe you may have a medical or mentall health emergency, call your country’s emergency number immediately.