2017 marks our 32nd year—and four major advances in Ehlers-Danlos research, diagnosis, and management:
- Launch of The International Consortium on EDS and Related Disorders
- First comprehensive international classification in nearly two decades, coinciding with the publication of our own supplement to the American Journal of Medical Genetics in March 2017
- Launched first comprehensive genetic study of hypermobile EDS
- Initial formation of the first-ever global registry for Ehlers-Danlos syndromes
We like to say, “Our strength begins with hope.”
Today, for many throughout the world, we believe we’ve found greater hope than ever, knowing for the first time since Ehlers-Danlos was first identified that hundreds of medical professionals are now working together throughout the world to:
- Identify the underlying causes behind EDS/HSD
- Advance the methodology and criteria necessary for early diagnosis
- Develop next generation treatments and management options
Help us help each other—and answer the challenge to build a new foundation for:
- Early diagnosis
- Clear, consistent diagnostic criteria
- Effective treatment, management, and care guidelines
Yes, our strength begins with hope—and our hope begins with you.
Join The Ehlers-Danlos Society Founders Circle, today.
The Ehlers-Danlos Society Founders Circle Annual Giving Levels
The Ehlers-Danlos Society is a global community of patients, caregivers, medical professionals, and supporters, dedicated to saving and improving the lives of those affected by the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and related disorders.
We support collaborative research initiatives, awareness campaigns, advocacy, community building, and care for the EDS population. Our goals are worldwide awareness — and a better quality of life for all who suffer from these conditions. Research is at the center of what we do, so that one day we will have a cure.
Our strength begins with hope.