We are looking for a Full-Time website administrator to oversee The Ehlers-Danlos Society website and to assist with any other technical support needs our organization may have. This role will be a remote position. The role will sometimes include hours outside of 9–5pm Monday–Friday, and may include travel overseas up to four times per year. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, June 23, at midnight ET (US & Canada)
Join the EDS Team
The successful candidate will manage and maintain the organization’s digital marketing platforms, including assisting with the launch of a new website on the WordPress platform.
You will be directly involved with site integrations with other EDS solutions, such as our new SalesForce CRM implementation, marketing automation strategy, data capture strategies via all digital channels, and live events technical support.
We are seeking an innovative, creative thinker, who sees every problem as a challenge to overcome, and who is motivated to achieve the best outcomes for end-users. As a good communicator, you understand CMS and CRM technologies, can work quickly and under pressure on web edits, have great attention to detail, and thrive on working collaboratively within your team. This position is full time and remotely based and requires the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines and to travel to, manage, and attend events as needed.
- Provide technical support on the website WordPress CMS (maintenance and development).
- Supporting the development of a new and improved website alongside an external web development team and IT advisor.
- Maintaining the existing website in the short term.
- Transitioning relevant content from the existing to the new website.
- Analyze the Society’s website’s use and user journeys, and make recommendations to help to optimize the structure and content.
- Provide technical support to all internal team members as required.
- Working closely with the Development Director and Digital Marketing Director to develop internal service levels in the event of any issues with the website.
- Work with EDS designer for overall website graphics needs – basic image / media manipulation will be required
- Enriching the Society’s digital offering through enhanced functionality and content.
- Developing SEO strategy to promote new and existing services and provide a consistent flow of leads.
- Developing the test, learn and reporting strategy to showcase the website performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Continue and enhance document standards and “best practices” for website and technology platforms.
- Basic PHP coding skills are beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in CMS software and WordPress is essential for this role. Minimum of five years’ experience using CMS platforms, particularly WordPress.
- Experience with using CRM systems – Salesforce preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in managing complex, multi-audience websites.
- Knowledge of site security, hosting environments and DNS configuration is beneficial.
- At least three years’ experience in SEM and SEO with evidence of driving performance.
- Experience with digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads.
- Ability to lead on cross-browser testing for new sites.
- Relevant IT qualifications, experience, and/or references.
- First-class communication skills and a methodical problem solver.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Experience with internal customer service.
- Excellent time management skills, deadline-driven, and ability to prioritize work.
- Extremely well-organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to plan and execute several diverse projects at once.
- Experience of website development and optimization.
- Team player and experience of collaborating with all areas of the Society.
- Fluent in English (other languages desirable but not a requirement).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently while exercising skill and informed professional judgment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- Ability to communicate confidently with members of the public and healthcare professionals, both in person, on the phone, and electronically.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR, and other local or national privacy laws as applicable, with demonstrable examples of maintaining the privacy of personal information in the workplace. An understanding of data legislation and regulations globally is an advantage.
- Capacity to be flexible in working hours to accommodate working across time zones with colleagues as far west as West Coast USA and east as East Coast Australia.
- A full understanding of the digital marketing mix, particularly online lead generation.