Technical Support Administrator
We are looking for a full-time technical support administrator to oversee The Ehlers-Danlos Society website and to assist with any other technical support needs our organization may have. This role will be based in Redcar, Cleveland, United Kingdom, or a remote position will be considered for the right candidate. The role will sometimes include hours outside of 9am–5pm Monday–Friday, and include travel overseas up to four times per year. Induction will take place in London, UK, from February 24-28, 2020.
Join our team
The successful candidate will define and deliver a continuous improvement and enhancement technical program that meets key business goals. You will lead the organization’s digital marketing platforms including the launch of a new website, development of a wider digital road-map, and seek out opportunities to enhance and develop worldwide digital marketing capabilities, globally.
As part of the Communications Team you will be directly involved in related projects, including integration with our CMS and front-end websites, marketing automation strategy, data capture strategies via all digital channels, and live events technical support.
You will work closely with the Development Director on data performance and quality in our CRM; working with the Development Director to continue building and developing the CRM to integrate other Society programs; supporting the Development Director in ensuring compliance with relevant data protection regulations globally. Working within the Communications Team, you will provide the IT expertise in digital communications that enables the organization to engage effectively with its audiences.
We are seeking an innovative, creative thinker, who sees every problem as a challenge to overcome, and who is motivated to achieve the best outcomes for end-users. As a good communicator, you understand CMS technologies, have great attention to detail, and thrive on working collaboratively within your team. This position is full time and remotely based and requires the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines and to travel to, manage and attend events as needed.
- Provide technical support on the website CMS (maintenance and development).
- Planning for, developing, and implementing a new and improved website alongside an external web development team.
- Maintaining the existing website in the short term.
- Transitioning relevant content from the existing to the new website.
- Analyze the Society’s website’s use and user journeys, and make recommendations to help to optimize the structure and content.
- Developing an ongoing plan of investment into the website to create a leading website that reflects the highest quality customer service to users.
- Provide technical support to all internal team members as required.
- Provide training to colleagues on using the CRM and CMS and on social media.
- Working closely with Development Director and Digital Marketing Director to develop internal service levels in the event of any issues with the website.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Director in the development of a digital transformation road-map.
- Enriching the Society’s digital offering through enhanced functionality and content.
- Developing SEO strategy to promote new and existing services and provide a consistent flow of leads.
- Developing the test, learn and reporting strategy to showcase the website performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience in CMS software and WordPress is essential for this role. Minimum of five years’ experience using CMS platforms, particularly WordPress.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with using CRM systems, Salesforce NPSP preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in managing complex, multi-audience websites.
- Knowledge of site security, hosting environments and DNS configuration.
- At least five years’ experience in SEM and SEO with evidence of driving performance.
- Experience with digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads.
- Ability to lead on cross-browser testing for new sites.
- Relevant IT qualifications, experience, and/or references.
- First-class communication skills and a methodical problem solver.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Experience with internal customer service.
- Excellent time management skills,deadline-driven, and ability to prioritize work.
- Extremely well-organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to plan and execute several diverse projects at once.
- Experience of website development and optimization.
- Team player and experience of collaborating with all areas of the Society.
- Fluent in English (other languages desirable but not a requirement).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently while exercising skill and informed professional judgment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- Ability to communicate confidently with members of the public and healthcare professionals, both in person, on the phone, and electronically.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR, and other local or national privacy laws as applicable, with demonstrable examples of maintaining the privacy of personal information in the workplace. An understanding of data legislation and regulations globally an advantage.
- Capacity to be flexible in working hours to accommodate working across time zones with colleagues as far west as West Coast USA and east as East Coast Australia.
- A full understanding of the digital marketing mix, particularly online lead generation.
About The Ehlers-Danlos Society
The Ehlers-Danlos Society is a global community of patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and supporters, dedicated to saving and improving the lives of those affected by the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS), hypermobility spectrum disorders (HSD), and related conditions. We are a non-profit charitable organization in the US and UK.
We support collaborative research and education initiatives, awareness campaigns, advocacy, community-building, and care for the EDS and HSD population. Our goals are world-wide awareness—and a better quality of life for all who suffer from these conditions. Research is at the center of what we do so that one day we will have a cure. Our strength begins with hope.