Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Purpose: To document events and occasionally help contribute to our library of image through photoshoots.
- Photoshoots: Be able to express the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of life with Ehlers-Danlos syndromes without the use of words.
- Events: Be able to produce and edit images that fulfill the parameters to be used for various projects such as conferences and other events.
- Photography equipment not provided by The Ehlers-Danlos Society.
Videography and Video Editing
- Purpose: To film speakers at conferences, record meetings, fundraisers, and other events as they arise, and to edit videos for posting.
- Be able to use film to convey a message about Ehlers-Danlos syndromes.
- On occasion we may wish to create documentary and awareness films and would need someone with proven experience to be able to create, film, and edit footage.
- Have knowledge and proven experience of video editing software (Adobe Premiere, iMovie, etc.).
- Add captions and graphics to videos as needed.
- Videography equipment and editing software not provided by The Ehlers-Danlos Society.
- Purpose: Assist with designing content for The Ehlers-Danlos Society’s marketing, internet, and social media needs.
- Design engaging and clear graphics for both the web and print.
- Proven experience in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience preferred. Please submit example of work.
- Purpose: Assist with proofreading content for The Ehlers-Danlos Society (website content, newsletter, etc.) and ensuring the accuracy of the information.
- Have a high level of writing and proofreading ability.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, email, Google Docs, etc.
- Purpose: Coordinate or assist with various online projects, fundraisers, and campaigns.
- Ability to manage online projects from beginning to completion.
- Familiarity with programs such as Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Consistent communication with staff member managing campaign.
- Purpose: Review all posts and replies on our message board (Inspire) or social media posts and answer questions as accurately as possible with citations when possible.
- Must be knowledgeable about the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, and common comorbid conditions.
- Must have excellent writing skills, proofreading skills, ability to identify incorrect information, and provide reputable information and resources as needed.
- Must be able to keep calm and professional while remaining empathetic and professional.
- Must be able to consistently represent the views of The Ehlers-Danlos Society, and not personal views, experience, or opinion.
- Must be available for consistent hours—a minimum of four hours one day a week to six hours seven days a week—more information emailed out upon request.
- Purpose: Be an effective communicator that can network with others and represent The Ehlers-Danlos Society at local, state and national government meetings, along with medical schools, other organizations and the media.
- Work to address the issues important to the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and hypermobility spectrum disorders community.
- Must be knowledgeable about Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, hypermobility spectrum disorders, related topics (access to health insurance, disability, medications, and laws, etc.) and be able to speak about them confidently, concisely and effectively.
- Must be able to attend local events.
- More information emailed out upon request.
- Purpose: Help secure funding for The Ehlers-Danlos Society by assisting in preparing and writing proposals.
- Must have proven experience in successful grant applications.
- Have means of identifying grant opportunities.
- Assist in compiling information, compos,e and send proposals and documents.
- Help perform research and prepare proposals.
- Please provide previous experience under “Additional Information.”
- Purpose: Volunteer for various jobs at local or international events.
- Individual events will have specific volunteer jobs and will be emailed out to volunteers attending that event.
- Individuals are expected to sign up for the position they are interested in before the event, be on time to the event and fulfill the duties of their position as best as they can.
EDS Conference Volunteer Jobs
- Purposes: Use your various artistic talents to enrich The Ehlers-Danlos Society for social media posts and online campaigns.
- Use your choice of art—dance, music, drawing, painting, etc.—to illustrate life with Ehlers-Danlos syndromes.
- Be able to create art independently or by a prompt from The Ehlers-Danlos Society.
- Purpose: Use written word to depict life with Ehlers-Danlos syndromes.
- Be able to create an original work independently or by a prompt from The Ehlers-Danlos Society.
- Be able to complete a cohesive and well-written piece within by a deadline.